To reduce the torque needed on the motors I switched to smaller impellers and a double impeller configuration. Each impeller blows in a different chamber inside the chassis so the efficiency is not reduced. Unfortunately, with free time I made two mistakes, one trying foam inside the front part of the chassis, the other one, the inner tube skirt, that thing is too stiff. Next week I'll try to improve that, even if it is not the definitive solution as I'm planning on putting a finger skirt on this thing.
In case you want to know the hardware use in this episode:
I've been able to keep the weight and plastic amount down on this one, so I think this will be a great project for anyone with a CR-10 or similar to try once it is finished.
I'm still planning on releasing the Fusion360 files once it is done.
This project is requiring almost all my printers every week. If you are interested you can check them out here:
I hope you enjoyed the video, Thanks!!!